If you still haven’t settled on a New Year’s resolution yet, it’s not too late! There’s an easy resolution you can adopt that’s certain to improve your quality of life and the quality of life of those around you. In 2017, strive to be a better driver. These New Year’s driving resolutions are measures you can take while you drive that are simple and easy to remember.
Here are a few ideas for New Year’s driving resolutions:
- Always drive with a seatbelt and make sure that your passengers are also buckled in
- Increase the distance between your vehicle and other vehicles around you, especially in inclement weather
- Pay more attention to preventative car maintenance, perhaps even going so far as to keep a log of when you last checked your oil, tires, etc.
- Cut texting while driving out of your life completely by setting your phone down somewhere in the car that you cannot reach or turning it off until you reach your final destination
- Practice defensive driving by keeping watching other vehicles on the road, and never assume that other drivers will always follow the rules of the road
- Lastly – never, ever drive while under the influence or otherwise impaired
For more safety tips or to start your year off behind the wheel of a brand new vehicle, contact us or visit us anytime here at Trent Cadillac Buick GMC.